Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Top 10 Favorite Childhood Cartoons



old cartoon network looney tunes scooby doo powerpuff girls

The other night during dinner, my friends and I had a nostalgic conversation about the different cartoons we watched growing up. It's one of those things that make you reminisce about the old days but then you realize that you're actually growing up. With that being said, below is a list of my favorite cartoons growing up as a kid that I hold dearly to my heart.








10. Dragon Ball Z Series

Dragon Ball Z was one of those shows I could go hours watching. Well, unless Goku was still attempting to create a spirit bomb for 10 episodes. But that's besides the point. DBZ is a great anime it's full of action and comedy.








9. Looney Tunes

A classic. Every 90s baby should have this in their top 10 in my opinion. Looney Tunes was the epitome of cartoons. This was the template of what a good cartoon should look like. Theres nothing out there that can beat it. Every character brought something to the table and one didn't overshadow the other (even though I'm obsessed with Bugs Bunny).





8. Fairly Odd Parents


"Timmy's just an average that no one understands"
This was every child's fantasy. A genie is cool and all but they can only grant you 3 wishes. A fairy? UNLIMITED WISHES. But, there are rules course. The Fairly Odd Parents taught me a few life lessons.
  • Greed won't get you anywhere
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • Learn from your mistakes
  • Be grateful for what you have
  • Think before you make actions




7. Magic School Bus

I literary watched this ever morning when I was in elementary school before I caught the school bus. The only show that made me obsessed with science. The Magic School Bus made science fun. The characters were diverse. Ms. Frizzle was the perfect teacher. And they had a pet chameleon names Liz. Get it?








6. Rocket Power

Rocket Power was sports packed. This was the show that made me obsessed with ATVs, skateboards, longboards, dirt bikes. The show even proved that anything a guy can do A GIRL COUD DO BETTER.










5. Codename: Kids Next Door 

 Want to talk about creativity? Kids Next Door took it to the next level. These 10 year olds ran  a secret operation to fight against adults. USING A TREEHOUSE. They make contraptions using anything they can find. Wood, gum, bubblewrap, tires...ANYTHING










                                                                                    4. Ed Edd n' Eddy


Okay, this show's entirety was pure stupidity. But it was stupidity that you could enjoy. The jokes were hilarious.












3.  Proud Family

Every black 90s baby that has watched disney channel HAS to have this on their list of favorite cartoons. Proud Family was beautifully crafted in so many ways. Growing up and having a representation of your race in a show is always a proud moment. The show taught you so many lessons, taught you about different cultures, issues and what it means to be a family.







2.  Hey Arnold 
I looked at Hey Arnold as another relatable cartoon. Another cartoon that taught you life lessons. Every character had a back story as to why they are the way they are and it made you empathize them even more. This cartoon can put you in your feels. 







1.  Rugrats 

Creativity, lessons, diversity, action, comedy, drama, "feels" and babies. Who couldn't love Rugrats? These were the coolest and smartest babies around. I couldn't tell you in a short paragraph of how much this show means to me.


2 comments :

  1. I enjoy the simple white display of this list. With such a colorful subject matter as cartoons, a plain white background with black text allows the images to pop out and catch the readers' attention. Also a very agreeable list, brings me back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list!!!! thanks a lot for the memories but you left out some like catdog, johnny bravo,cow and chicken, and courage the cowardly dog and Scooby Doo and some others.. i know you only had to pick ten so I'm gone let you slide.

    ReplyDelete

Author